[mythtv-users] Disable LiveTV for recordings?

Grant Emsley grant.emsley at gmail.com
Wed May 14 22:02:39 UTC 2008

I have my backend, one frontend in the living room, and only 1 tuner.

People like to leave the live tv running, which causes mythtv not to
record my scheduled recordings.  Or they get a popup, asking if they
want to cancel my recording.

Is there any way to set it so that the scheduled recordings take
priority over people watching live tv?  I don't want them to be able to
cancel my recordings. I want myth to kick them out or change the channel
on them, and start recording what it was scheduled to.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Grant Emsley