[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Fri May 16 15:35:19 UTC 2008

> Thats great.  I'm really astonished.  Its so inexpensive and USB.  Does it
> do hardware MPEG encoding? or are you encoding in some other fashion?  The
> website seems to imply it will do MPEG4 encoding but says that is a trial
> for versions less than "ultimate."  Makes me thing that is software
> encoding.  I really don't mind software encoding if it makes the hardware
> MUCH cheaper.
>

> Thanks again,
>

> CL

Well, in all honesty I don't know.  I just set it up as described in
my wiki page, checked the recording profile and use it to record.
Beyond that, it just works as I need it to - record what I tell you to
record, when I tell you to record it...

I've run MythTV since .17 and have never really cared much about how
it recorded this in what format, as long as 'it just works'.  Aside
from patching the code to allow me 2 instances of V4L settings, I
haven't done much customization or digging into MythTV.  I've found
most of the default 'technical' settings 'just work'.