[mythtv-users] Can't change channel during LiveTV

Paul Check paul at thechecks.ca
Fri May 16 20:03:11 UTC 2008

Hi: I have a Debian i386 unstable box, fully updated, using an IR blaster
to change channels on a STB.  I can change channels directly by issuing
the channel change command on the command line as either my regular user
or the mythtv user. Channel changing is also working for scheduled
recordings. However I cannot change channels during LiveTV.  For example,
I browse to a new channel and hit enter, the app pauses for a few seconds,
and then just displays the current channel and keeps running. Same thing
when I input the channel as a number. I do not see any errors in my mythtv
log, nor any errors in other logs.

Any recommendations on how to fix this?

Regards, Paul