[mythtv-users] Another wiki idea, pricing tier examples

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Fri May 16 23:24:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 4:48 PM, diane mittnik <dianemittnik at gmail.com> wrote:
> The mailing list gets regular requests for hardware
> suggestions/recommendations/approvals.  I think this would be
> minimized if pricing tier examples were listed on the wiki.  While the

I think it should be tiered/grouped based upon capability rather than
price.  Beyond 9 or 12 months, the pricing becomes useless.
Of course, with all the hardware assistance that seems to be on the
way, soon enough, any new machine that someone is putting together
would automatically will be powerful enough to do any HD that anyone
would want.

   Marc