[mythtv-users] Suggestions for desired features

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Sat May 17 06:09:15 UTC 2008

Working with MythTV, I've come across several features that I
would appreciate it if someone could look into implementing in
MythTV.  I apologize if one or more of these are already there,
buried in the setups somewhere.

I like to keep the mouse pointer available in MythTV, but I think
it would be nice if the mouse pointer could be blanked after a
period of mouse inactivity.

I have a 1080 HD setup via firewire, and have noticed that
there are different kinds of closed captioning for HD or SD.
CC on SD has the option of appearing as white text on a black
background, but CC on HD doesn't have that option.  Would
it be possible to have a feature to make CC always look the
same, no matter what?

For some reason, some channels come up as interlaced.  This
really makes no sense, since I am using a widescreen LCD
monitor.  I'd like all programs, on all channels, to always come
up as progressive.  I can manually select progressive from the
menu if a program comes up as interlaced, but it'd be nice to
save this step.