[mythtv-users] one missing dependency for centos 5

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun May 18 13:34:49 UTC 2008

On 17/05/2008, dcw <dwoody1 at charter.net> wrote:
> I have tried to install mythtv-suite for centos5. Several dependencies were missing. I have installed all but one.
>
>  yum displays the one remaining error:
>
>  Error: Missing Dependency: liblzo.so.1 is needed by package mplayer
>
>  A directory listing shows :
>  lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     15 Mar 26 16:09 /usr/lib/liblzo.so.1 -> liblzo.so.1.0.0
>  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 405599 Mar  5  2007 /usr/lib/liblzo.so.1.0.0
>
>  What am I missing?

# rpm -qf /usr/lib/liblzo.so.1

will show the package currently providing this file. Make a note of
it, then remove it, and the next installation of mythtv-suite should
pull in the required package to satisfy the mplayer dependency. Is
this 32-bit or 64-bit CentOS installation?

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/