[mythtv-users] Video sync not working in TV out

Owen B. Mehegan owen at nerdnetworks.org
Mon May 19 03:27:47 UTC 2008

That doesn't seem to be it. Force Full GPU Scaling is not checked,
checking it changed nothing. Neither did changing the GPU Scaling
Method to either of the other two options.

I notice that the nvidia-settings tool sees that the screen resolution
is set to 640x480, and it seems to know that my TV is widescreen (if
that's the meaning of the grey box that surrounds the smaller box
labeled 640x480). But I can't set a different/higher resolution
anywhere in the tool or elsewhere in the system settings.

When I set up X on this TV before, I had to do a lot of digging online
before I found some modeline settings that someone else worked out,
which worked for my TV. I'm not sure if nowadays there's an easier way
to do this. I think this TV is fairly "dumb," not like the LCD and
plasma displays that are basically just big computer monitors. This is
the relevant section of my xorg.conf:

Section "Monitor"
     Identifier     "Monitor0"
     VendorName     "Sony"
     ModelName      "HDTV"
     HorizSync       33.8 - 33.8
     VertRefresh     59.9 - 59.9
     Mode "720p"
     DotClock 37.26
     HTimings 960 976 1008 1104
     VTimings 540 542 548 563
     Flags "+HSync" "+VSync"
     EndMode
EndSection

I think I just need to get X to run the right resolution. But these
settings used to work!