[mythtv-users] Is ANYONE experiencing issues with Audio/Video sync?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon May 19 08:21:44 UTC 2008

On 19/05/2008, Michael Jones <michael at michaelandholly.com> wrote:
> Is anyone out there having issues with audio/video sync with either
> the internal player or mplayer?
>
> All of my disc.iso files are sitting on the backend and shared to the
> frontend(s) via NFS.   I'm getting an intermittent audio delay,
> especially when I fast forward.  Sometimes, as the video plays, the
> delay gets worse and worse.
>
> Can anyone help?

Are these iso files you've made from your own recordings using
mytharchive?  If so then, yes I do have problems.

I hardly ever use mytharchive, but when I do there seems to be about a
30% chance of complete failure and of those that recordings that
succeed about half of them have sound sync issues.

I'm in the UK, recording using DVB-T, which as far as I can tell is
what's causing the problems (the DVB-T, not the being in the UK)