[mythtv-users] MythTV and the "average" user...

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue May 20 13:44:28 UTC 2008

>> 5) DVD playback - between the Arccos protected discs, and discs that
>> dont play for various other reason (Just last night I ran into a DVD
>> that won't play becaue "libdvdnav: RANDOM or SHUFFLE titles are NOT
>
> What was it?
>
> I've never seen a disk not play in Linux due to anything but a faulty
> disk or extra copy protection and I have played/ripped a LOT of stuff.
> Both of those are fairly unusual occurences and don't seem to occur
> with any greater frequency than bad disks in general.

It was Surfs Up. And let me correct myself. When I said it didn't
play, I wasn't entirely accurate. If you let it play through all of
the previews, it would work fine. But if you tried to skip past them
in order to get to the main menu, it would drop you back to the myth
menu. I was sure it was a Arccos style copy protection mechanism until
I ripped it with myth and it ripped fine (no ddrescue necessary). The
ripped ISO exhibits the same problem while skipping. Checked the logs
and saw the libdvdnav error

--
Ron