[mythtv-users] Hard Backend Lockups

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Tue May 20 19:08:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Jose Bernardo Bandos Rodrigues
<jose.bandos at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had that same problem with a Asus ws pro motherboard, until they
> came out with a firmware that fixed a bug where the board would lock
> up tight when trying to adjust cpu power. So, check your manufacturer
> for firmware updates, and check their forums for other users with the
> same kind of problems.

I've completely changed architectures and motherboard makers. I
switched from an ASRock AMD to an Intel board with a Core 2 Duo.

I've heard rumors of CPU power scaling causing problems with Nvidia
stuff, but I think I turned the daemon that does that off. Do you
happen to know the correct way to turn off that "feature"?