[mythtv-users] MythTV and the "average" user...

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed May 21 10:21:57 UTC 2008

James Orr wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> I almost never use the menu route when scheduling stuff. It is usually more
>> convenient (and a da*ned sight easier) to do it through the Mythweb
>> interface.
>>

> See, I'm the opposite, really don't like scheduling through MythWeb.  For
> one thing, when I'm thinking about what I want to watch I'm usually in front
> of the TV and not by my computer.

That's probably the difference between us. I can't currently work, so my main
workstation goes on sometime early in the morning and stays on till I go to bed
late in the evening. I'm often in front of it, unless I am reading or watching
the far-too-much content Myth has recorded for me.

Current habits: boot up, log on to Mythweb. This proves the MBE is still running
- a single failure so far since I upgraded to 0.21. Check recent recordings ok,
check upcoming recordings, check today's TV guide in case something has been
slipped in without my noticing, decide if there's anything I ought to watch today.

After that, it's check the firewall for odd happenings, see if there's any more
of China I can block. Then it's off to the cartoons, various blogs, ending up at
Slashdot. Time for lunch. Did I mention I'm a geek?

--

Mike Perkins