[mythtv-users] Mythtv smart recording

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu May 22 17:35:03 UTC 2008

On May 22, 2008, at 10:18 AM, Conrad wrote:

> Let's say I have to stop liveTv manually.  The 'question' still
> remains, wouldn't it be nice to be able to resume the recording from
> where it was left off?

Assuming you mean you have to stop the recording manually to watch
LiveTV. My answer is "no, it wouldn't be nice to resume the recording
from where it was left off." Even if you find the next recording and
start it at the exact time you stopped watching it before, you'll have
2 partial recordings in the Watch Recording list and that's really
annoying. Secondly, you are trusting the network to start the program
exactly when they say it's starting both times. You're much better off
if you cancel the recording and allow it to re-record. The best
solution is to get enough tuners so you can watch LiveTV whenever you
want and never think about it again.