[mythtv-users] Start with Mythbuntu or (K)Ubuntu for GP Workstation/Myth Front-end?

James Bunton jamesbunton at fastmail.fm
Fri May 23 15:51:50 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 11:31:59AM -0400, John Welch wrote:
<snip>
> My question is would I be better off starting with Mythbuntu and then
> adding things on from there, or starting with (K)Ubuntu and adding
> Myth on top of that?
<snip>

Mythbuntu by default installs a lightweight window manager and I'm
pretty sure you don't get much of a desktop environment.

If you're comfortable with installing packages from the command line
with apt-get or aptitude it really doesn't matter at all. If not, start
with Kubuntu so that you can use the GUI package manager to install the
Mythbuntu packages.

You'll end up with the same system in either case.

---

James