[mythtv-users] Myth can't find old recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat May 24 16:06:28 UTC 2008

On 05/24/2008 11:38 AM, Jared McIntyre wrote:
> I just recently noticed that MythTV can no longer find any of the
> shows it recorded before February 16. The videos are there and
> haven't changed, and Myth has them in it's playlist, but it says they
> can't be found when you try to play them.

Are you sure it's February 16, and--assuming you're in (most any part
of) the US--not March 9, i.e. the start of Daylight Saving Time?  Sounds
a lot like a broken DST configuration.

>  Any ideas? I do use
> mythrename, and had an issue with that at one point after upgrading
> to 0.21, but I didn't think it was actually doing anything at that
> point (wasn't able to run due to the new myth perl bindings not
> installing properly).

It never hurts to not use mythrename.pl--you should really always use
--link with it.  You can fix it with:

mythrename.pl --format "%c_%Y%m%d%H%i%s"

See, also, http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/331410#331410

Mike