[mythtv-users] Backend listening on multiple NICs?

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Sat May 24 16:44:52 UTC 2008

On Saturday 24 May 2008, Mike Jochen wrote:
> I have a backend with one tuner setup that I would like to listen on
> more than one network interface. What would be the best way to go
> about doing that? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! -mike

I don't know there is a simple way.  Are you trying to do this for
network balancing, or for network security / layout reasons?
If its just balancing, I'd beef up the primary and go with just
one interface.

One "possible" way is to use some of the linux network trickery
to essentially port forward one of the nic ports onto another,
where the real backend listens.  I haven't thought this through
very carefully, but between the firewall port forwarding and
route2 tricks, you might be able to get all the packets where
they need to go.  Something to think about anyway.

Brian