[mythtv-users] Mythbackend daemon fails to locate remote mysql server

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat May 24 17:04:18 UTC 2008

On 05/24/2008 12:55 PM, Larry K wrote:
>> Do you have a /.mythtv folder (that is .mythtv in root of system) ?
> Yes.  /root/.mythtv/
>
> In this folder I have a mysql.txt file that I modified to point to the
> remote IP address (versus localhost).

As previously mentioned, you need ~/.mythtv/config.xml, not the
deprecated mysql.txt.

Start mythfrontend on the system and it will create one for you.  Or,
use the example in the source package and edit it yourself (though the
first way is recommended, and I can't see any reason why someone
shouldn't be able to just start mythfrontend).

Mike