[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase failure

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun May 25 12:43:44 UTC 2008

On 05/25/2008 01:05 AM, Phill Edwards wrote:
>> Nope.  It's a user configuration error.  Either run your
>> mythfilldatabase automatically (since the packager--i.e. Axel, with help
>> from Nick Morrott--made sure that the backend start script is correct)
>>
> Does anyone know if this survives MythTV updates or do you have to
> copy the files back after?

Basically, I was saying that ATrpms packages set things up properly so
that when mythbackend is run from the start scripts, it's run in an
environment that contains a HOME environment variable.  Since the start
scripts themselves are provided by ATrpms, there shouldn't be any files
to copy back after an update.

Anytime you're not using MythTV (or package) "stuff"--i.e. running
mythfilldatabase from a cron job that /you/ configured--it's possible
that it's not configured correctly.

Mike