[mythtv-users] Weird stuff going on with recording schedules / MythWeb(?)

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Sun May 25 18:31:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> On 05/18/2008 08:48 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:
>>
>>>   Any thoughts as to what's causing these database fill
>>> errors?
>>
>> the socket errors.  As to what's causing the socket errors, you're on
>> your own.  A lot of users get them, but I don't know why (and I never
>> get them on my four 0.21-fixes systems).
>>

> I kind of figured that the socket errors were causing the other issues ;)

Does anybody here have any tips to making sure mythfilldatabase runs
correctly every time?  I'm having to check my mfdb logs every day
after mfdb has run to see if I get MythSocket errors - I'm now on my
third update today (the automatic one gave me errors, so I re-ran
manually, and it gave me errors.  I'm on try #3.

Also, is there a mfdb option that *just* does the scheduling portion
without downloading new data?  I'd like to only hit ScheduleDirect
once a day, if possible.