[mythtv-users] Mythbackend daemon fails to locate remote mysql server

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon May 26 14:18:45 UTC 2008

Larry K wrote:
>> The copy of mysql.txt stored in /.mythtv/ is caused by mythbackend
>> being run when $HOME is not set - this frequently occurs when using an
>> init script. Updated scripts for Fedora are available at
>>
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-21-fixes/mythtv/contrib/init_scripts
>> .
>>

> Thanks.  I'm running myth 0.20.2 from ATRPMs, so I got whatever they
> packaged up.  I didn't set up the init script myself.

The files in .mythtv are not created by any init script - the backend and/or
frontend does so the first time either is run. So if they are run without the
correct $HOME variable being set, or when logged on as an 'unusual' userid, the
files may be created in unexpected places (and not noticed the next time they
are run from somewhere else).

--

Mike Perkins