[mythtv-users] What is the best distro / kernel version /ivtv version for mythtv

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Tue May 27 04:04:38 UTC 2008

Chris Isip wrote:
> What combination of the above have people tried with the best results.
> I'm trying to find the combination that will get rid of dma timeout errors.

I can only tell you what I am using, which which is working well for me.
I am running the stock CentOS 5.1 x86_64 kernel with the IVTV driver
from ATrpms. The kernel version is 2.6.18-53.1.19.el5, which is a
heavily patched version of the 2.6.18 kernel. The IVTV driver version is
0.10.6-132.el5. I have no DMA timeout issues.