[mythtv-users] What is the best distro / kernel version /ivtv version for mythtv

Gordon McCrae gordon-mccrae at bluebottle.com
Tue May 27 06:50:03 UTC 2008

Chris Isip wrote:
> What combination of the above have people tried with the best
> results.  I'm trying to find the combination that will get rid of dma
> timeout errors.
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Can happily report that my openSuSE 10.3 system autodetected the IVTV
card fine on my system.

I use it to watch feed from Sky TV here in the UK without problems.

Kernel is "2.6.22.17-0.1-default" from automatic updates, and the
following IVTV rpms are installed:

ivtv-firmware-0.10.3-37
ivtv-kmp-default-0.10.3_2.6.22.17_0.1-37.1
ivtv-0.10.3-37

Again, from automatic updates, no manual tweaking.

Cheers
Gordon