[mythtv-users] remote frontend, MasterServerIP

James Cummings james+mythtv at cummingsfamily.org.uk
Tue May 27 15:00:29 UTC 2008

I tried that... I end up with a sound problem (which might be
symptomatic of other sound problems I'm having ... viz. not being able
to raise/lower volume with myth internal controls)...

If I setup ssh as suggested and ssh into a user account on the master
backend, I get no sound forwarded to the remote machine (my laptop).
If I ssh as the mythtv user, I do indeed get sound, but not out of the
laptop, but out of the television to which the master backend is
attached!!  (Now that was weird... watching it on my laptop but having
sound come out tv speakers!)

Any other suggestions?

-J