[mythtv-users] How can I remove a maually installed nvidia driver?

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Wed May 28 11:26:58 UTC 2008

If that doesn't work, make a backup of /etc/X11/xorg.conf

then edit that file, find the 'Device' section, which will look something
like this:

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Videocard0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "GeForce 7100 GS"

EndSection

Change the 'driver' from "nvidia" to "nv" and see if that helps. It should
revert you to the open source nv driver.

It's quite likely that the installe backed up this file before installing
the driver so it might be worth looking for an xorg.conf.orig or similar.

Do not do this if you're uncomfortable working at the command line though.