[mythtv-users] I quit -- unless I can get some help!

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Thu May 29 05:36:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:23 PM, allene222 <nabble at oldpaloalto.com> wrote:

> Also, my projector is 720x1280.  That was not an option on the 6200
> driver.  What do I need to do to get this?  The PT-U100A was not listed
> as an option under Panasonic.

1. Your projector is 1280x720, not 720x1280 (unless you have it on its
side?)
2. If you open the nvidia tool it will show the native resolutions (don't
treat it like an HDTV).  If your projector was on and plugged in when you
booted it might default to 800x600 but 1280x720 will show up in the list.
THere's no need to choose the projector from any sort of list, it's just a
standard 1280x720 device.  Be sure you're using the nvidia utility and not
the default (somewhat) crappy one that is the default "screen resolution"
tool in ubuntu.
3. I know this because I have that same projector and it works fine through
both HDMI and VGA with an nvidia card.  NOthing special was ever required to
get it working...