[mythtv-users] Myth setup for hdtv - config help

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:21:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Simon Allcorn <simon.allcorn at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Was just about to ask the same question as I have never had much luck
>>with transcoding.
> If I get chance I'll write a script (as apposed to an ffmpeg command line)
> to do this which I'll happily post here, I'm sure we're not the only ones
> wanting BBC HD converted to 720p.
>
>>Also does anyone know if it is possible to set a
>>user job to run on every recording from a particular channel.
> I think this would be possible - you will need to run this script after
> every recording, but if the file resolution is say < 1080i the the script
> will do nothing. Something like that anyway.

Was just thinking about this some more and thought that it would nice
if the transcoded file showed up in the recordings screen.  The
example situation I am thinking of is multiple frontends not all of
which can do HD.

Seems like this is possible using myth.rebuilddatabase.pl and could
also just add something to the subtitle or somewhere to indicate an SD
version.

Just thinking out loud really.

Stephen.