[mythtv-users] I quit -- unless I can get some help!

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Thu May 29 16:50:45 UTC 2008

On 5/29/2008 lemongecko at gmail.com wrote:

> > Now, did I forget something?
> >
> > Is this what I am going to have to do after every update?
> >
> > Allen
> >

>The key to a happy life is: Don't update. Unless there's a new feature
>you absoLUTELY must have or some outstanding bug you NEED fixed, do
>what they do in production environments and leave it the hell alone.
> ;-)

So why don't they make the default so that the little square doesn't keep coming up and telling me there is an update while I am trying to watch TV? I know, all I have to do is google for an hour and I will find out how to turn it off.  An appliance should not ask you to upgrade, you should have to tell it you want to upgrade.  Is it any wonder that this is a frequently asked question given that the distribution continuously askes the user to upgrade?

So, I will modify my plan and not do the upgrade step after the 7.10 install and add a step to figure out how to turn off the upgrade alert.

PS.  I allowed the upgrade because SPDIF wasn't working and I thought it might get fixed.  That was a terrible mistake.

Allen