[mythtv-users] EPIA Failure from bad caps

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Thu May 29 19:34:46 UTC 2008

Wouter,

Wouter van Atteveldt wrote:
> As per my previous post, I am a newbie considering using a VIA EPIA EX card for a mythtv. Would you recommend against that? What are your negative experiences with EPIA?

I also got an Epia EX for a combined BE/FE because of the extremely
attractive feature set. I've not been able to get it to work acceptably
because of the lack of Openchrome support for the MPEG2 hardware
acceleration in the CX700M(2) chipset and my inability to get the
incredibly convoluted proprietary Via drivers to compile and run.

I've parked that board and got an Epia EN instead, which works like a
charm (partly because I now also have a TV that doesn't only have "TV"
inputs: I'm using its VGA input).

HTH, Jan