[mythtv-users] Firewire and F8

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Fri May 30 00:22:54 UTC 2008

I have a Motorola DCT-3412 STB and F8 x64 running myth 0.21.  I have my
firewire setup as a capture card, but my mythbackend will not initialize
it.  Every time mythbackend starts, I get a message that says "Problem
with capture cards" and "Card 6failed init".  This is seen in the
mythbackend.log file as well as via Mythweb.

I've asked similar questions about firewire before about 2 months ago,
but go no responses, so I thought I'd try again.  I can run
firewire_tester successfully, so I know that it's active.  I can even
run the 6200ch script to change the STB channel, so my communication is
definitely there.  Myth just doesn't seem to want to use it.  I was
looking over the code on the SVN trac site (for what it's worth, I'm a
programmer, mainly Windows GUI programming, so I do have a pretty good
grasp on what I'm looking at) but can't seem to figure out why the
firewire capture won't initialize properly.

Is there some way I can get more debug type information so I can
diagnose this further?

Thanks,
Harry