[mythtv-users] Database upgrade 0.20 -> 0.21

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Fri May 30 01:30:20 UTC 2008

Cool Frood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to migrate from a 0.20 installation to a 0.21
> installation.  I looked at the database schema and I noticed that
> schema for some of the recording tables has changed.  Is it possible
> for me to upgrade the old database somehow without having to install
> 0.21 on the old installation so that mythtv-setup does the upgrade?
> In other words, is there a simple way to run the database upgrade
> code without compiling everything on the old system?
>
> Thanks,
> Cool Frood

Install 0.21, drop the created database, load your 0.20.2 database from the
sql backup file, and then run mythtv-setup again (you will have run it once
during your 0.21 install, but that data will now be gone because you dropped
it).  When mythtv-setup runs again, it will notice that the database is of
the old 0.20.2 format and upgrade the database.

You get a fresh 0.21 install with an upgraded database.  Enjoy.

Brian