[mythtv-users] 2 questions about under the stairs solution.

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Sat Nov 1 10:04:48 UTC 2008

Hey Guys.

I've tried to ask these questions before - but haven't got any answers -
so trying again.

I have a build my own setup with a under the stairs solution with a BE
placed in my garage and the frontends placed by the TV's.
My Backends have 2 hauppauge HVR-4000 DVB-S

1. question:
My frontends run with sound out i optical.
But When choosing the AC3 sound from the DVB-S - there's no sound - but
the normal MPEG2 sound is fine.
Since everything just runs through and out - my guess is that the
problem is somewhere in the backend and about the DVB-S.
Is there any settings that I should be aware off - make different or
anything in my BE - to make it possible to get the AC3 sound from my BE
to the FE ????
Caurse each time I chose the digital AC3 - there's no sound.
Since I'm running on a Asus EEE b202 the soundoutput is the same - no
matter weather it's MPEG2(minijack) or AC3(optical)

2.question.
How come I cannot switch my subtitles ???
No matter what and how I enable my subtitles - it's keep beeing on
Swedish subtitles (and needing danish) I can go down i the menu and
choose danish - but no mark is set and it's keep beeing in swedish
instead.  So what is the problem and can I do anything about that?
Normally I enabled subtitles - and its on Swedish ( no 1) then goes down
to dvb-s subtitles and chooses danish - But somehow its like it don't
register it - and keeps beeing on swedish subtitles.
I have tried once - that it change (without I touched anything) to
danish - but that happens only once.

Is there somehow somewhere something I can do about that problem.

Otherwise it's a great system that I'm very very pleased with.

Thanks in advance