[mythtv-users] Why does the backend sometimes get my Firewire port wrong?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 2 14:36:31 UTC 2008

On 11/02/2008 05:36 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:
> Sometimes when I'm watching LiveTV on a remote frontend through my
> cable box's Firewire port (please no griping about LiveTV - this is
> the only way to watch my non-ClearQAM channels in my bedroom),

I know nothing about firewire, but just wanted to say that if you can
get video into Myth's LiveTV, Myth can record it, too.  I'm guessing you
just have a STB that's outputting firewire to your Myth box.  With an
appropriately-configured video source and listings provider, you can
even get listings data for it.

Mike