[mythtv-users] Just let my TV de-interlace

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 17:07:51 UTC 2008

> I feel your pain.  I have a Hitachi RP CRT and am forced to
> deinterlace everything.  nVidia has never acknowledged that this bug
> exists and apparently never will despite endless reports of it on
> their forums over the years.  The second there is a good alternative,
> I'd go with it and never buy another nVidia product ever again.
> They're responsible for the only significant flaw in a rather
> expensive HTPC system and I'm not happy about it at all.  If there are
> any other options to nVidia for interlaced output via DVI I'd love to
> know about them...but as far as I know there aren't.

I couldn't solve my tearing problem either until I went with mythbuntu
fresh install.  I have sync to vblank in myth settings, sync to vblit
in nvidia-settings, and use xvmc and xv-blit for my playback(it
doesn't work for me to use opengl video).  Now I have pulled the edid
out of my TV and found my 1080i modeline, but that didn't really work
so I went back to 1080p at 59.94 as opposed to 1080p at 60.  Either way, I
used to have tearing when I used Fedora 7 and SUSE 10.1, but haven't
had too may problems since I switched to mythbuntu, don't really know
why, maybe I'm just starting to get the hang of this linux thing.