[mythtv-users] Why does the backend sometimes get my Firewire port wrong?

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 03:52:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 2:02 PM, JS Boyd <mythtv at futures.com> wrote:

> LFireDev() notations are what happens when Myth first starts up and
> can't see the Firewire. It tries to reset the firewire bus. In your
> case, it appears to eventually re-obtain video signal. It many cases it
> may not and will just loop over and over reseting the firewire and and
> not finding any input for 1050 seconds and then looping again. To get
> out of that you need to restart the mythbackend process.

I see the continuous checks for input when I start to record a program
- it usually takes a couple of iterations, but typically locks on.
I'm presuming that it's looking at the correct port (port 1).  What's
baffling me is why Myth will decide to look at port "-1".  It looks
once, sees "port -1", and never even tries to reset the bus.