[mythtv-users] Frontend is really jittery

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Tue Nov 4 03:58:50 UTC 2008

I got my frontend up and running.  Backend is working well and when I watch
on it the picture looks pretty good (for analog anyway).  Now that I have
the diskless frontend booting I've been trying to get things working.  When
I play Live TV, the picture is like watching a strobe light.  It is very
jittery like I'm only getting every third frame.
Can anyone point me to what I need to be looking at to start troubleshooting
this.  Not sure where the problem could be.  The backend seems to be fine.
 It's just the frontend.  All network connections are going through a
Netgear gigabit Ethernet switch.  Could it be this?  I'm guessing its a
configuration problem but I'm not sure what kind or where to start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve