[mythtv-users] LIRC in Mythbuntu 8.04.1

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 4 04:24:39 UTC 2008

steve.goodey at bt.com wrote:

>> receiver working

>> Device?  And

>> OK, that worked.  I just added a custom remote (no
>> transmitter), then followed your steps, rebooted, and Bingo!
>> A working remote.  Is this something that should be added to
>> the Wiki?  I can do that if you (and
>> others) think its relevant and necessary.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Harry
>>

> Hey good news, nice to see something I cobbled together help someone
> else. I'm glad it worked for you.
>
> I raised a ticket with the Mythbuntu devs to get my Nebula remote added
> to the remotes listed but I'm not sure if they will just include the
> LIRC config files, what happens with the command line stuff.
>
> Steve.

Steve,

Not to re-hash an old topic, but I just re-installed my box with
Mythbuntu 8.10, so I followed this thread that we worked on for my
LIRC.  Only now, it doesn't work, and I'm not really sure why.  My
/var/log/messages shows the following for my lirc_serial:

Nov  3 23:19:53 hdevine-desktop kernel: [   18.409777] lirc_dev: IR
Remote Contr
ol driver registered, major 61
Nov  3 23:19:53 hdevine-desktop kernel: [   18.414350] lirc_serial: use
'setseri
al /dev/ttySX uart none'
Nov  3 23:19:53 hdevine-desktop kernel: [   18.414351] lirc_serial: or
compile t
he serial port driver as module and
Nov  3 23:19:53 hdevine-desktop kernel: [   18.414353] lirc_serial: make
sure th
is module is loaded first

I followed the steps that you had mentioned, same as I did last time,
but it appears that it doesn't work this time.  Any ideas?

Harry