[mythtv-users] No playback since upgrade to bigger harddrive

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 09:46:48 UTC 2008

On 03/11/2008, Rancher SD <ranchersd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I changed to a bigger harddrive with the help of Acronis True Image. No
> prolems before upgrade, nothing but problems since. My build uses FC 6. To
> make this the image transfer a quicker process, I deleted the contents of my
> /video/store and cleaned up the Recorded Program menu. I have since recorded
> several new programs.
>
> My problem is that when a go to play LiveTV, a newly recorded program, or a
> DVD, the frontend hangs immediately. When trying to play a recorded show, I
> can here audio skipping like an old record so I know it is trying to start
> up but the screen never shows video and never progresses. In the "Play
> Recordings - Program Details' ,  the preview box plays without issue. I am
> not sure where to look for clues. Log files are no help so far (messages and
> mythtv.backend).

The mythfrontend logfile/console output is where useful playback debug
info will be sent. Try to play your videos using the Slim playback
profile (in frontend TV settings) as this should work for most
systems.

You may well not have Xv and/or XvMC and/or OpenGL correctly
configured which could be responsible for your playback problems.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/