[mythtv-users] serial / usb controlled power outlets

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 13:17:45 UTC 2008

They aren't exactly cheap, but stuff like this is readily available:

There are lots of other serial or IP power strips.  People have been
using them to cycle power on their servers for quite a while.

Jeff.

Yan Seiner wrote:
> Is anyone using a USB or RS232 controlled power strip?  If so, which one?
>
> I can't find anything close to what I need - something basic and simple
> I can turn on and off at will via a script.
>
> I'd like to be able to turn my stereo on and off when myth starts and
> stops.....
>
> --Yan

I haven't smoked for 2 years, 2 months and 2 weeks, saving $3,651.37 and
not smoking 24,342.53 cigarettes.