[mythtv-users] Looking for MicroATX AM2 CPU supporting motherboard suggestions.

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 15:36:20 UTC 2008

I am looking for a replacement for an ASUS M2N-MX SE PLUS motherboard,
which has proven to be Linux hostile (four trips back to ASUS and it
still will not boot KnoppMyth...).

My goal with the board is to have a little diskless client box in the bedroom.

I am very annoyed at the thought of buying another motherboard. What I
am not going to do buy another CPU, case, etc.. So, I am now in the
market for a replacement motherboard. I have called ASUS and they
suggested the M3N78 EMH HDMI motherboard which I gather from a tour of
the local area clone dealers is no longer available.

 So, here is what I need:

 - Support for Linux network booting.
 - No Linux hostile BIOS bugs
 - MicroATX form factor
 - Support for an AMD Socket AM2 Athlon 3200+ CPU
 - Support for DDR2 PC2 - 5300 memory
 - Onboard nVidia graphics, GeForce 5200 or better
 - 1 (or more) PCIExpress x16 expansion slot.
 - Something available locally, shipping charges would at this point
be an insult on top of an injury...

Suggestions? Normally I would be just looking at ASUS boards, but
after this experience I think that is a brand I would like to avoid...

Thanks.

Colin McGregor