[mythtv-users] MythFontend blank screening after 10 Mins of opertion - Not due to Screen Saver

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 19:02:01 UTC 2008

On 05/11/2008, Chris Gackstatter <chris at gackstatter.org> wrote:

> Naturally my first thought was that this was caused by the screen saver, so
> I disabled the screen saver but still had the same problem.
>
> Then I thought it might be caused by some power management scheme, so I
> turned off all power management settings, but still no joy.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this problem and how do I correct it.

Chris,

Did that include running:

# xset s off
# xset -dpms

before starting mythfrontend, and disabling any DPMS in the BIOS
beforehand? If you have, and you follow Brad's advice and still see
the issue, check the Xorg.0.log/syslog files for log entries at the
time the display goes off.

You can also see whether pressing Ctrl+Alt+Backspace will restart your
X server when the display goes off.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: