[mythtv-users] Bind channel to card

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Nov 6 04:05:26 UTC 2008

Paulin wrote:
> I'm currently configuring my backend.  Anyway I have a digital card
> (Hauppaugh 1250) and an analog card (Hauppaugh 250).   Well I have all
> channels collected and setup.
>
> Now my question is (can I bind a channel to a specific card.  IE only
> want Digital channels on the 1250 and all my analog on 250.  How can I
> set this up?   Is it possible to bind a channel to a device like this?
>
> Thanks
> steve

Thats exactly how mythtv is set up to run.  You create multiple sources,
one for digital cable and one for analog cable, each complete with its
own channels and guide data, and then you bind the sources to the
inputs.  If necessary, you then bind multiple inputs to an input group,
so mythtv only knows to use one at a time (e.g. for the multiple inputs
on the 250)