[mythtv-users] PVR-500 Audio glitching

Anthony R. Baker baker at low-e.com
Fri Nov 7 18:48:40 UTC 2008

Norm Dugas ha scritto:
> I'm not really sure how to describe the issue I'm seeing (hearing) other
> than to call it audio glitching.  I thought I'd ask here to see if
> anyone else has experienced this with a PVR-500.  The best way I could
> describe it is that while audio is playing, you sometimes hear some
> strange squealing.  It's like the audio speeds up for a moment but not
> really.  At first, I thought it was the audio on my FE but when I heard
> the same sound at the same spots on a 2nd FE, I was sure it was the
> source.  Next, I listened to the raw recording (pulled it out using
> Nuvexport) and it was there too.  I've gone through the mythbackend logs
> and any other log I can think of but I don't see any errors.  What's
> interesting is that it's not consistent.  Maybe it's tied to one of the
> tuners?  How can I tell which tuner recorded a program?
>
> Backend:
> Asus P5LD2 Deluxe
> Intel Pentium D (don't remember which but each core is at 2.8 G)
> 2 Gig memory
> Hauppauge PVR-500
> 2x Samsung 1T SATA drives
> 4x Seagate 420G ATA drives
> Running Mythbuntu 8.04
>
> Thanks,
> Norm

I think this is a new round of an old problem. I have had the problem on
Mythdora 4 it stopped on day after an update but nothing in the change log
was intended for the PVR-500.It came back when I upgraded to Mythdora 5 but
would go away after I  reset the audio channel as this page says
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_PVR-500#Audio_Instability
I set this as a cron job and everything was ok until about a month ago when
it started again. Now the first time it does it I have to reboot to get rid
of it.Three or four days later it comes back.