[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend hangs - thread deadlock?

William william_munson at comcast.net
Sat Nov 8 13:14:22 UTC 2008

Jeff Bevis wrote:
> The problem I am currently stuck with is this:  After a long time
> sitting on the recordings playback menu, the frontend process gets
> hung.  Frequently (maybe always - not 100% sure) this is accompanied
> by the dreaded "The connection to the backend server has gone away for
> some reason.  Is it running?" message.  btw:  backend is on a
> different machine, and is still running ok.
>
> Anyone got any suggestions on this?
> -Jeff
I have the same issue and have seen this question come up several times
however I have yet to see a true solution. My personal solution is to
not leave the frontend parked on the recordings screen. I still get an
occasional hang but when they happen the entire system locks so its
probably a different issue.

William