[mythtv-users] Comcast rendering my HDHR useless

Justin Kim justinlkim at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 18:59:43 UTC 2008

At 1:47 PM -0500 11/8/08, Larry K wrote:
Anyone else in VA have Comcast and use an HDHR (or a QAM tuner)?
Recently, they took away a whole bunch of must-have QAM channels,
like TLCHD, DSCD, HGTVHD, HSTRYHD, and on and on.  It's a pretty
lengthy list.  Now all that's left is the networks and a few
miscellaneous channels.

I wonder if this is somehow related to the removal of analog channels
in February?

I've been slowly loosing QAM and unencrypted firewire channels over
the last year.  Latest (as in the past couple of weeks) was MSNBC.
I've also recently lost Discovery and Scifi.