[mythtv-users] What is current Myth - R5000 HD status?

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Sat Nov 8 20:52:10 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Mark <fairlane at springcom.com> wrote:
> Mitch Gore wrote:
>>

>> If it was me id go with the HD-PVR.  While the R5000 is the ideal
>> solution, due to the price of the box and the amount of developers
>> behind it it will most likely never be as good as HD-PVR support is.
>> Plus the HD-PVR can be moved to any STB.  Not locking you into 1 providor.
>>
>> my .2
>>
>> Mitchell
> Actually, there's a special right now.  I can get the 211's modified for
> the same price as the HD-pvr purchases.

In that case, get one modified knowing that someday in the future, for
a host of possible reasons, you'll likely have to buy an HD-PVR (or by
then, perhaps an equivalent product).  Maybe David George's MJPEG2000
"pvrcompanion" box will be out by then.  In the mean time, you'll be
getting the best quality you can.

   Marc