[mythtv-users] How can I restore a mythconverg.sql backup

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Sun Nov 9 01:58:36 UTC 2008

Hello all,

My system just got severely messed up somehow. I'll not so into what
happened as I don't exactly know but it's severe enough that I'm going
to start from scratch tomorrow. This current system is Ubuntu 8.04 with
Mythbuntu installed on top. I think I'll install Ubuntu 8.10 tomorrow
and put Mythbuntu on top of that.

I found a mythconverg backup from a few days ago (I think it was in
/var/backups or something). How can I restore this onto a clan system
tomorrow? Will the difference in Ubuntu version matter?

I know I've done this restore thing before, but mysql never quite does
what it should for me so some very simple clear commands would be very
appreciated (or is there a GUI that can do this?). The ability to back
up and restore the database from within the mythbuntu control centre
would be a welcome addition!

PS, my recordings are all on a separate partition so they should restore
ok. They have done in the past.

Thanks
Damian