[mythtv-users] Comcast rendering my HDHR useless

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Mon Nov 10 17:14:33 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at computer.org>wrote:

> I submit that the up-front investment cost isn't the only relevant
> aspect. There's also the running costs (power and where relevant
> cooling) to take into consideration.
>
> I select hardware for minimal carbon footprint.

OK, how about the $200 Popcorn Hour boxes then? They are low power. Lower
than most SD frontend computers. They don't play all that well with Myth
right now, no commercial skipping, but there is work being done on that.

I expect you are in the minority though. And there's always sleep mode and
other power saving tricks. Or one could just turn it off, though you would
have to wait for it to boot.