[mythtv-users] Merging 2 XMLTV sources into one video source

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Tue Nov 11 15:36:18 UTC 2008

Hello,

Here is the way I have my TV reception setup so far:

      * 3 capture cards
              * Tuner 1 DVB-T (Nova-T 500) - Freeview
              * Tuner 2 DVB-T (Nova-T 500) - Freeview
              * Tuner 3 DVB-S (DVB-S100) - Astra for French channels
      * 2 video sources
              * Terrestrial - EIT
              * Satellite - FR xmltv grabber
      * 3 input connections
              * Tuner 1 DVB-T -> Terrestrial
              * Tuner 2 DVB-T -> Terrestrial
              * Tuner 3 DVB-S -> Satellite

The FR XMLTV grabber is through theFrontEnd job running mythfilldatabase

I am quite happy with this setup. Except for one thing.

On the satellite (Tuner 3), there are 2 versions of the TV5 channel: FBS
and Europe. They have different content, not just different timing. I'd

The FR XMLTV gives me the EPG for TV5 FBS.

I would like the EPG for TV5 Europe. It is available through the UK RT
XMLTV grabber.

I have not found an XMLTV grabber giving me the equivalent of FR XMLTV
plus TV5 Europe.

So, is there a way to run the FR XMLTV grabber as I do now, then the UK
RT XMLTV grabber for TV5 Europe solely, then merge the 2 results as the
Satellite source?

If yes, how do I achieve that?

Thanks for your help. I love MythTV, I've been using it for more than
1.5 year as my sole way of watching TV and other media, and I still
regularly try out nice new features I had never tested before. But that
video source thing is the sole element that I have difficulties wrapping
my mind around so far.

Nico
http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc