[mythtv-users] Tune to channel 'X' only works after channel 'Y' (not 'Z')

Robin Rainton robin at rainton.com
Wed Nov 12 20:15:33 UTC 2008

2008/11/12 Robert <RobertCL at iname.com>:
> I remember seeing an option about "use quick channel changes in live tv"
> or something like that.  You might want to try toggling whatever you've
> got it set to and seeing if it makes any difference.

This isn't limited to live TV, happens when the backend tries to
record something on ch. X after ch. Z. However, will try this later
and report results.

> Otherwise maybe you just need to re-tune the channel that doesn't work
> properly...

Sorry, what do you mean by this? I have tried a full channel scan and
the problem channel (Channel 9 here in Sydney) is found with the scan.
Same frequency but the channel scan put different parameters in the
multiplex table. The problem persists whether these settings are used
or my original (as I say, same frequency, different params).

Can one tell the backend to do some kind of reset before tuning? Ie.
always go to ch. Y before any other?

Robin