[mythtv-users] Why isn't LiveTV as smart as a regular recording?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Wed Nov 12 21:59:37 UTC 2008

Op woensdag 12-11-2008 om 15:52 uur [tijdzone -0600], schreef Kevin
Kuphal:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Jelle De Loecker <skerit at kipdola.com>
> wrote:
>         Hi everyone,
>
>         I just want to ask for a bit of attention to a very old
>         problem:
>         For some strange reason, LiveTV can't switch the tuner
>         automatically.
>
>         Here's a sketch of the problem:
>
>         So, one frontend is watching "Animal Planet".
>         I now want to activate another frontend and watch "één", on
>         another multiplex.
>
>         So, it SHOULD switch to another tuner (24>27), but it won't.
>         Instead, it defaults to the first available channel on the
>         current multiplex, Discovery Channel.
>
> I must be missing something.  You're upset because LiveTV starts on a
> channel you're not expecting?  Because if I want to watch something
> live, I start LiveTV, hit Menu, go to Guide, pick what I want to watch
> and it tunes it just fine.
>
> Kevin

Is it on the same tuner?
Because it does not work over here.

When I go to the guide I see the channels in white (available) and in
gray (not available, at least on this tuner).

When I try to switch to one of these channels it fails.