[mythtv-users] OT: Anyone in the Wichta KS area getting OTA?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Nov 12 22:34:38 UTC 2008

On Nov 12, 2008, at 2:27 PM, Mr. James Purl wrote:

> Off-topic, sorry. But maybe I can find like-minded individuals on this
> list to help....
>
> My wife and I are considering dropping cable.  We currently have both
> DirecTV (for Sunday Ticket) and cable. We are considering beefing up
> our
> antenna system, getting an HDHR, and turning off cable.

Good choice.

> I was wondering if anyone in the Wichita Area has suggestions on
> antenna,
> pre-amp and/or distribution amp equipment to drive a total of four
> to six
> inputs (the HDHR, 2 PCI HD cards I already have working with QAM and
> maybe a couple direct to our HDTVs).
>
> I've got some things in mind (by using antennaweb and tvfool)--just
> searching for any anecdotal recommendations.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Channel Master always seem to get good reviews. I have one with the
intention of mounting it outside. Unfortunately, I hooked it up and it
got such good reception immediately that it now lives in my living
room. The good reception took away my incentive to get it mounted
correctly outside immediately and now it's low on the priority list
even though it's pretty ugly. The PAF (partner acceptance factor?)
seems to be rising the longer it sits there. :)

Point is.. check out the channel masters... http://www.hdtvantennalabs.com/channelmaster.php

-Brad